Proof of Covid 19 Vaccination is required to attend VideoRay in-person classes.
The Pro 5 Basic Operator Course provides a thorough understanding of piloting and caring for a VideoRay Pro 5 ROV system.
- Do you want to use your VideoRay to its maximum potential?
- Do you want to operate your ROV and accessories with precision and dexterity
- Do you want to learn how to operate in a variety of conditions and be prepared to face even more challenging ones?
- Do you want to learn how to maintain your ROV and maximize its life-span?
- Do you want to be as successful as possible on your ROV jobs?
- Location: Key Largo, Florida
- Class Dates:
- May 17 – 19, 2022
- October 18 – 20, 2022
- December 13 – 15, 2022
- Registration Link: Register Now
This course starts with the basic information that a new user should be aware of as an ROV operator to keep them from hurting themselves and others, and prevent damage to the equipment or other property.
Additionally, piloting skills and tactics and project and equipment management requirements to complete routine underwater projects are included. Detailed topics include setup, checkout, operations, post mission breakdown, cleaning and periodic maintenance. Tips and techniques are offered to assist the student advance to higher levels of competency faster than if they use a self-learning approach.
The Pro 5’s standard accessories such as the manipulator and sonar are covered to include setup, controls and settings and basic use.
Optionally, USBL positioning systems can be included as an additional day as part of this curriculum. USBL Topics include theory of operation, setup, controls and settings, and basic use.
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of the VideoRay ROV system
- Learn and demonstrate setup and operation of the VideoRay system
- Learn and demonstrate basic piloting skills with the VideoRay system
- Learn and demonstrate the use of the manipulator and sonar
This course is designed for novice through intermediate users of the Pro 5.
None, however participation in the Level 100 Series virtual training lessons of the Pro 5 operator curriculum in the VideoRay Training Library is highly recommended.
- Three (3) Days, includes Sonar operation. An optional day may be added for USBL instruction.
- The USBL positioning system can be offered as an additional day, depending upon interest – please inquire about pricing and availability.
$2,995 (course fee only – includes three days of instruction and course materials, does not include accommodations, meals, or travel)
This course can be delivered on-site and customized to meet your specific requirements.