- Do you want to use your VideoRay to its maximum potential?
- Do you want to operate your ROV and accessories with precision and dexterity
- Do you want to learn how to operate in a variety of conditions and be prepared to face even more challenging ones?
- Do you want to learn how to maintain your ROV and maximize its life-span?
- Do you want to be as successful as possible on your ROV jobs?
For Defender users, this class is followed by an optional day for advanced training, including autonomous navigation and other advanced topics. Contact VideoRay if you are interested in attending the optional day of advanced instruction.
For Pro 5 users, this class is followed by an optional day for advanced training, including USBL navigation and other advanced topics. Contact VideoRay if you are interested in attending the optional day of advanced instruction.
This course starts with the basic information that a new user should be aware of as an ROV operator to keep them from hurting themselves and others, and prevent damage to the equipment or other property.
Additionally, piloting skills and tactics and project and equipment management requirements to complete routine underwater projects are included. Detailed topics include setup, checkout, operations, post mission breakdown, cleaning and periodic maintenance. Tips and techniques are offered to assist the student advance to higher levels of competency faster than if they use a self-learning approach.
The Defender’s and Pro 5’s standard accessories such as the manipulator, and sonar systems are covered to include setup, controls and settings and basic use.
An optional additional day is offered for Defender attendees to cover advanced topics including Automous Navigation capabilities.
An optional additional day is offered for Pro 5 attendees to cover advanced topics including USBL systems.
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of the VideoRay ROV system
- Learn and demonstrate setup and operation of the VideoRay system
- Learn and demonstrate basic piloting skills with the VideoRay system
- Learn and demonstrate the use of the manipulator and sonar
This course is designed for novice through intermediate users of the Defender.
None, however participation in the Level 100 Series virtual training lessons of the Defender operator curriculum in the VideoRay Training Library is highly recommended.
Autonomous Navigation (Defender attendees) or USBL Systems (Pro 5 attendees) training can be attended as an additional day each – please select the desired option when registering.
- $3,995 (course fee only – includes three days of instruction and course materials, does not include accommodations, meals, or travel)
Proof of Covid 19 Vaccination or negative Covid test result is required to attend VideoRay in-person classes.
This course can be delivered on-site and customized to meet your specific requirements.