- Do you want to use your VideoRay to its maximum potential?
- Do you want to operate your ROV and accessories with precision and dexterity
- Do you want to learn how to operate in a variety of conditions and be prepared to face even more challenging ones?
- Do you want to learn how to maintain your ROV and maximize its life-span?
- Do you want to be as successful as possible on your ROV jobs?
San Diego, California
June 20-22, 2023
Sonar Day: June 23, 2023
October 24-26, 2023
Sonar Day: October 27, 2023
For Defender users, this class is followed by an optional day for advanced training, including autonomous navigation and other advanced topics. Contact VideoRay if you are interested in attending the optional day of advanced instruction.
This is a comprehensive, hands-on training course designed for new users of VideoRay ROV systems. Each class demonstrates fundamental components and capabilities of VideoRay’s Mission Specialist Defender system and is delivered with the customers’ specific industry and mission objectives in mind.
The Mission Specialist Defender Operator Course teaches mission organization and planning, ROV piloting and navigation skills, basic maintenance tasks, and best practices to prevent injury or unintended damage to the system or other property. Setup, controls, and operation of the manipulator and sonar components are also taught.
The course also introduces VideoRay’s Customer Success program, which provides our ROV system users with exceptional technical and operational support for years to come.
Additional days of training are offered to learn advanced topics such as DVL Autonomous Navigation and/or setup and operation of custom accessories.
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of the VideoRay ROV system
- Learn and demonstrate setup and operation of the VideoRay system
- Learn and demonstrate basic piloting skills with the VideoRay system
This course is designed for novice through intermediate users of the Defender.
None, however participation in the Level 100 Series virtual training lessons of the Defender operator curriculum in the VideoRay Training Library is highly recommended.
- Two (2) Days.
- One (Optional) Sonar day
- One (Optional) Navigation day
- $1,995 (course fee only – includes two days of instruction and course materials, does not include accommodations, meals, or travel)
- $1,000 for additional sonar day
- $1,000 for additional navigation day
This course can be delivered on-site and customized to meet your specific requirements.