If you’ve run into a problem operating your VideoRay ROV, here are seven basic troubleshooting guidelines that could be helpful in addressing the situation:
- Review the user manual to see if an issue can be answered. Each system comes with a manual and the latest versions are stored on our website at https://videoray.com/support/manuals.html.
- Suspect and check the obvious first. It’s easy to get distracted and overlook something obvious.
- Recheck the obvious. Have someone verify your work. If you’re helping someone, verify what you’ve been told. Sometimes, just talking through the details can help you realize you missed a step or fact.
- Understand correct operation and expected results. How should it work and what should happen? Does it?
- Learn and recognize symptoms. What are the results telling you? What are the most likely suspects and what can be ruled out?
- Isolate, divide and conquer. Classify the problem to sub-systems, remove what you can, and substitute known working parts if possible. Or, try suspect parts with a known working system.
- One step at a time. Be logical and make each test provide results you can use to narrow down the problem.
If after following these guidelines you still need to contact VideoRay for remote support, the best ways to reach us are by email at email@example.com or calling +1 610 458 3000, Option 1.
Prior to contacting Customer Support for assistance, gather as much information as possible. This includes:
- Company name and contact information
- System model
- Serial number of the affected component(s)
- Accessories in use
- Detailed information about the issue:
- Troubleshooting performed on the equipment so far
- Operating conditions that created the symptoms
- Anything new or unusual about the system or operations
- Photos and/or videos highlighting the problem
VideoRay’s Support web page also has additional information about a variety of topics, including:
- Principles of Customer Interactions
- Customer Care Philosophy
- Technical Support Policy
- Authorized Service Center Regional Support